We worship in-person and online each Sunday morning at 11 AM! Visit our Worship Page for more information.
2911 Cameron Mills Road , Alexandria, VA 22302
Map & Directions →
Every generous act of giving, with every perfect gift, is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. -James 1:17
Thank you so much for prioritizing Trinity in your generous giving! We give because God first gave to us and we believe that we are called by Jesus Christ to be generous givers.
There are three ways to give online:
1. Give online here! Giving online is easy and helps the church to plan throughout the year. You can also make online donations directly from your checking account.
2. Give by text. Just send a text that says "Give" to 703-783-3034. See below for further instructions.
3. Mail a check to Trinity UMC (2911 Cameron Mills Rd, Alexandria, VA 22302)
A special note: Trinity has switched our financial management system from Vanco to Breeze. If you still give through Vanco, you can access your Legacy Vanco account here. We encourage you to switch to Breeze, our new online management system as soon as you can. Please cancel your Vanco account first and then set up your new giving through Breeze. Thank you for however you give, it is all very much appreciated! For additional questions or concerns, contact the Church Office.
Set Up Electronic Giving Through Trinity!
First: Click here.
Give by Text:
Step 1. Text the word “Give” - to 703-783-3034. Don’t worry - nothing will be charged to you until you enter your credit card or bank information.
Step 2. You will receive a text back to you saying, “It looks like you are a new giver ; to begin (a link to the text giving site will appear), click on it.
Step 3: A form will appear that will clearly say “Trinity United Methodist Church” at the top left. It will ask you to fill in the following information:
- Amount you want to give and the fund you want to give to. If you want to give a general offering, you don’t need to write anything! If you want to give to a specific fund, you can use one of the following funds: Lent; Flowers; Music; Pastor (For Pastor’s Helping Fund)
- How you want to give - credit card or direct deposit from your bank (called ACH bank transfer)
- If you select credit card, it will ask for your name, address, email address and credit card information.
- If you select ACH - it will ask for you name, address, email address and bank routing and bank account information
- At the bottom you can select one time gift or a recurring period. Suggest you select one time gift for the first time.
- That is it. Then click on Donate Now!
If you made a mistake or change your mind - no worries just send the word “refund” to the same number the last amount you sent them will be refunded to you! Also you can send the word “commands” that will give you a list of options on how to change your account or update your giving amounts.
Additional Ways to Give:
1. Did you know you can support Trinity UMC with a tax-free transfer from your IRA? If you are age 72 (or 70½ before Jan 1, 2020) and have a Traditional, Rollover, SEP, or SIMPLE IRA, you are required by law to take Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) annually. But did you know that you can use the RMD as a way to make a tax-free transfer to a charity, including Trinity UMC? The transfer must be directly from your IRA to Trinity, and your broker can help you with this process so that you get the full tax benefit. Please notify Trinity when you authorize a transfer so that we may confirm receipt.
2. Another way to provide financial support to Trinity is with a gift of stock. Please consult with your broker and a tax adviser (prior to selling stocks intended to benefit Trinity) on how to handle to maximize the tax benefits. But if you do decide to give stock – please contact the church help. We can provide a form for your broker or tax adviser to facilitate the transfer.