Trinity MOPS Preschool and Child Development Center
Together We: OBSERVE - REFLECT - RESPOND
2911 Cameron Mills Road, Alexandria, VA 22302
(703) 549-7422 email@example.com
The faculty, staff, governing board, and church leaders thank you for considering our school for your child.
At Trinity MOPS Preschool, we believe that children learn best through play. We believe that each child is capable, engaged as a researcher, takes initiative, and represents knowledge in a variety of ways. All activities are designed to provide learning experiences with the individual child in mind, that are interesting, fun, and hands-on. Our teachers provide an environment that:
- supports the growth of the whole child in developmentally appropriate ways
- helps children learn respect for themselves, each other, and the whole world around them
- encourages children to acquire self-esteem, concern for others, a sense of community, and a spirit of sharing
- fosters creativity, exploration, self-discipline, and a love of learning
We believe "curriculum" is everything that happens. We teach the way each child learns and develops, individually and as part of a group. Our curriculum is based on:
- Milestones of Child Development- Learning from Birth to Kindergarten
- Virginia's Foundation Blocks for Early Learning: Comprehensive Standards for Four-Year-Olds, developed by Virginia Department of Education
- The Creative Curriculum - with 38 objectives for child development and learning
- A daily schedule which includes large group activities, small group activities, individual activities, snack time, chapel time, school-wide group time, and outside time.
- Learning Centers that include: literacy, science and discovery, dramatic play, toys and games, the fine arts, music and movement, blocks, and library.
Trinity MOPS Preschool and Child Development Center accepts children of all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds. As a ministry of Trinity United Methodist Church, Trinity MOPS Preschool incorporates a spiritual domain into our curriculum. Cultural and religious traditions of our families are integrated into our program. The sharing of customs and ideas, traditions and their meanings, help to promote understanding and acceptance of each other.
Trinity MOPS Preschool and Child Development Center is composed of a director, administrative assistant, qualified teachers and assistant teachers. Music and movement, physical education and science in incorporated in all we do. Our faculty partcipates in on-going child development and curriculum trainings to keep abreast of the most recent developments in early childhood education. Faculty meetings are held throughout the year for the purpose of information gathering, reviewing policies and procedures, brainstorming, planning, and evaluation. Trinity MOPS Preschool is participating in the Virginia Star Quality Initiative program. Trinity MOPS Preschool is a program of Trinity United Methodist Church, operating under the guidance of the governing board which serves as a liason between the church and the school. Trinity MOPS Preschool and Child Developement is licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Morning Pre-School Program: 9:00am-12:00pm from September through June
Jump Start: 8:00am-9:00am through the school year
Play-Date with Friends: 12:00pm-2:00pm through the school year
Lunch Bunch: 12:00pm-12:45pm through the school year
Enrichments are offered through the school year with three sessions of nine week classes (Fall, Winter and Spring). Children bring their lunch and enrichments take place from 12:45pm-2:00pm either one or two days per week.
*** Types of Enrichments include Cooking, Literacy, Spanish Immersion, Yoga, Science, Art Expression, Fun with Junk and Natural Materials and Growing in Social/Emotional Skills.
Registration for the 2016-2017 school year:
Open House Days are January 13th and 14th from 9:30am-11:30am. If you are interested in learning about our school, please email the director at firstname.lastname@example.org..
A 2016 Spring Open House will be scheduled in April for all registered families. During the Open House, the school's director and faculty will present our curriculum goals for the 2016/2017 school year for each age group that we serve.
Summer Camp Registration:
Summer camp registration begins March 1, 2016 for Trinity MOPS families; registration for community will begin in early May.